We’re celebrating the Queen’s 90th Birthday by taking a look back at a very memorable 90th Birthday party that we organised at The Dorchester.
Landmark celebrations call for the extraordinary. Our dedicated, highly experienced and creative team deliver prestigious parties, producing memorable moments for guests and party hosts.
A fabulous 90th birthday party
The setting for this wonderful 90th Birthday celebration was the Crystal Suite at London’s Dorchester hotel. One of the world’s most iconic luxury hotels, overlooking both Hyde Park and Mayfair, the Dorchester is a favourite choice of celebrities, world leaders, royalty and high society.
The Dorchester’s most contemporary event room – The Crystal Suite – features a private entrance lobby with a dramatic sweeping staircase. Art Deco inspired, and with impressive views across Hyde Park, this suite provides a perfect backdrop for timeless glamour.
There are certain elements that have a dramatic impact on the atmosphere of a party. Lighting is one of these. We know how to create the most spectacular environments in almost any location utilising creative lighting.
Understanding the latest developments in LED technology, we produced a stylish evening atmosphere in the Crystal Suite, using our bespoke LED lighting systems. Lovely lighting delivered!
Across a long banqueting table with accompanying royal-blue chairs, we laid white linen, white crockery, crystal glassware and beautiful cutlery.
Stunning floristry along the centre of the table, using a wonderful array of fresh flowers, added sophistication to the room and styling. Our florist of choice is the authorised stockists of the Vera Wang bridal collection and has a passion for flowers and an outstanding reputation.
Guests were treated to the happy, loving, smiling, sparkling, vintage inspired singing duo Verity & Violet. Their modern renditions of popular vintage style numbers – performed with stylish vintage style mics – delivered magic to the occasion.
And for the children and young at heart, the mind reading magician Max mingled with guests during the drinks reception.
All the Lovely Little Things
Often it’s the small things that make a huge difference to the success of a fabulous party. For this event we organised for two nannies to be in attendance throughout the evening. They were responsible for looking after all the children during and after dinner and brought with them additional entertainment to ensure the younger guests also had a wonderful evening.
Looking to celebrate a landmark occasion in style?
Along with The Dorchester here is our top selection of London venues to consider for your next celebration.
- Hotel Cafe Royal – we love the Queensbury Room for its generous space and beautiful vista.
- The Ritz – we love the Music Room with soaring windows that fill the room with natural light, and an intricately detailed shallow-arched ceiling.
- The May Fair Hotel – we love the Salon private dining room tucked away in a discreet area of the hotel.
- The Savoy – we love the Pinafore Room one of the Savoy’s original private dining rooms, with views towards the Thames.
- Claridges – we love the French Salon & Drawing Room boasting original Art Deco features and winged Renaissance-style cherubs above the doors.
- Mossiman’s – we love The Garrard Room under the soaring silver arches of the Belfry’s grand dome.
- The Bloomsbury Ballroom – we love this exquisite 1920’s Art Deco Venue for its versatile and flexible spaces.
Do you have a landmark anniversary approaching? Planning a party for a loved one? Get in touch.